Arizona Public Service (APS), with $3.3 billion in annual revenue and over 7000 employees, is the largest electric utility in Arizona and the principal subsidiary of publicly-traded Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (NYSE:PNW). APS is leading the way toward an energy future that is cleaner, more reliable and more sustainable. Our large generation fleet includes a diverse mix of energy resources including natural gas, nuclear, coal and a growing number of renewable technologies.
IT Field Services Technician II - Integration
Ref. # 20110681 • Phoenix, AZ
The IT Field Services Technician II – Integration performs work related to the construction and implementation of engineered network designs, design support activities, assigned maintenance, and network system/equipment repairs under general direction. Technicians will function across multiple disciplines dispersed over a broad scope of assigned areas and technologies. The Enterprise Network is comprised of a wide variety of technologies that are spread across a large geographic area. The technologies and equipment inventory spans mobile radio, microwave, fiber optics, multiplexers, protective relaying schemes, telephone systems, video/data transmission, SONET, DACS equipment, physical security systems and all forms of desktop/mobile computing environments.
· Associate’s Degree in electronic technology or equivalent educational course of study and/or working experience, plus an additional minimum of two (2) years of fundamental level experience in the areas of radio communications, telephony, data/network systems technologies or computing systems; performing installation, testing, maintenance and repair actions
· Strong understanding of computing platforms, operating systems, software applications and distributed computer networks
· Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions, possess good planning, organizational and communications skills, both oral and written
· Possess an effective understanding of electronic theory and circuit analysis
· Position requires individuals to be capable of operating 4X4 vehicles w/ standard transmissions on primitive roads where extremes of desert heat and high altitude snow and/or ice may be encountered. Requires the ability to install chains; operate or utilize a variety of other types of snow equipment such as snow cats, snowmobiles, and snowshoes depending upon area of assignment and work at remote locations
· Valid state driver's license is required
· All technicians are expected to be available to work out of town or outside of primary reporting area
May be called upon to climb and perform work on communication towers, which can be in excess of 250 feet in height. If asked to do so, there is a physical requirement, which includes being medically cleared to safely conduct this activity along with successfully passing an initial tower climbing training class, followed by an annual refresher thereafter.
Highly desired skills and certifications:
· Licensed/unlicensed Microwave Radio Fundamentals
· FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL)
· Familiarity with the use of engineering documentation i.e., blueprints, schematics, circuit layouts, etc.
· Understanding of TDM transport systems including multiplexers, channel banks, optical systems, CSU/DSU, and Central Office installation practices.
· DS3/1/0 Test equipment fundamentals
Visit our website for complete job description, requirements and application information.
AA/EO Employer by choice